Health Insurance for Our Children – Florida KidCare
We have great news for our families. Miami-Dade County Public Schools is once again providing application assistance to help our children apply for Florida KidCare – a program that offers affordable, high quality health insurance for uninsured children. There are four programs under the Florida KidCare umbrella:
- MEDIKIDS for children ages 1 through 4
- HEALTHY KiDS for children ages 5 through 18
- CHILDREN’S MEDICAL SERVICES NETWORK children birth up to age 21 who have special health care needs
- MEDICAID for children birth through 18. A child who has other health insurance may still qualify for Medicaid.
With Florida KidCare coverage, our children have access to both preventive and emergency care. Benefits include, but are not limited to:
- Doctor Visits
- Check-up and Immunizations
- Hearing and Vision Screenings
- Trips to the Emergency Room
- Dental Care
- Mental Health Services
There are several ways to apply for Florida KidCare:
- If you applied for Florida KidCare before, call 1-888-540-5437 to update your information by telephone, or
- Apply Online https://www.healthykids.org/ (Create a hyperlink for the words in bold)
- Print out an Application and instructions https://www.healthykids.org/apply/print/ (Create a hyper link for the words in bold)
You may also email firstname.lastname@example.org or call the MDCPS KidCare Hotline at 305-995-1207 to set up individual appointments.
Florida KidCare also offers several ways to pay your monthly premium.